What does the future of Google+ hold for you?
I’m a firm believer that Google+ is going to be a big deal for business and more importantly a more user-friendly social media platform for small businesses. Plus it is a great help for your SEO (search engine optimization) and content marketing. If you are new to Google+ this infographic from Chris Brogan’s blog is a fantastic place to start. Go here to view it. And here’s a great interview with a Google+ evangelist.
The two most important points after you have your Google+ page ready to go public are to have a link to it on your website, social media tools, email signatures, etc. and to put a +1 button on all the content pages of your website and blog. Sites with the +1 button get 3.5 times the traffic from Google+. The main idea is to spread the word about you and your organization and these are the two best tools to help you do that. The “About” section is especially important to get done right for search rankings. Remember that pages are for companies and profiles are for people. The default privacy setting for pages is public. Only individual users can +1 your page. Other advantages of Google+ are:
- Along with Pinterest the most visually appealing social media platform.
- Pages are easy to set up.
- They switch to mobile versions when accessed by tablets and phones.
- Circles allow segmentation and targeting of prospects, customers, vendors, employees, etc..
- Unlimited storage of photos on Picasa which is great for the design aspect of our industry which relies heavily on image. It is also free.
- Easy sharing of videos as well as photos.
- Easy integration with other Google productivity tools and apps such as Gmail, Google Docs, Calendar, Google Presentations and the Chrome browser.
- Hangout function allows easy videoconferencing for larger organizations with multiple locations.
- It can be a simple blog platform.
- Easy to maintain, optimize, tweak and add content to.
- Like Facebook, it could be a good customer service tool but much easier to use.
- You can use Google Ad Words to promote your page.
If you found this post helpful please share it with social media. Especially Google+. And be sure to follow me for the latest information on this topic.
Also, check out my Social Media Magazine on Flipboard.